The Hong Kong based manufacturer, TECNO have recently introduce its latest mid-range device into the Pouvoir series, of course, the Tecno Pouvoir 3. This device just like it’s predecessors, the Tecno Pouvoir 2 and Pouvoir 2 Pro, boasts of power.
For those of you who already own a Tecno Pouvoir device and still haven’t gotten time to check what the word Pouvoir actually means, well let me quickly help you with that.
The word Pouvoir is actaull a french word and it means Power, yes Power.
The Tecno Pouvoir 3 features very similar features to it predecessor, the Pouvoir 2, but since it’s an upgrade, there are noticeable changes. So, if you’re looking for a budget smartphone with the latest features in new Android phones, then you should take a look at the Pouvoir 3 device.[toc]
Tecno Pouvoir 3 Key Specs:
|Display||6.2-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1520 Pixels|
|OS||Android 8.1 Oreo|
|Processor||MediaTek MT6739, Quad-core 1.5GHz [ 4×1.28 GHz Cortex-A53 ]|
|RAM/ROM||32GB built-in storage, 2GB Of RAM|
|Camera||A 13MP rear camera and 13MP selfie camera|
|Security||Fingerprint Sensor, Face Unlock|
|Battery||5,000mAh non-removable battery|
You’re probably thinking the Tecno Pouvoir 2 rocks compared to what the Pouvoir 3 has to offer, maybe, but lets meet the device now.
Design And Display
The Pouvoir 3 comes with a 6.2-inch IPS LCD notched display with a 19:9 aspect ratio, you’ll find a single selfie shooter on the cutout assisted with an LED flash. When you turn to the back, you’ll also get a single rear camera with a LED flash and the fingerprint sensor just beneath it.
Now, that dual, triple, quad and penta camera setup is a thing in the smartphone space, the Pouvoir 3 still got just one, come on.
Underneath the device, you’ll find the charging port, mic and the stereo speaker. When you go to the top, there’s the 3.5mm headphone jack. The power and volume keys are line on the right side of the device while the left side takes the micro SD card and sim slot.
The device is covered with a plastic body having a glossy finish, it boasts an impressive 3.8-mm visual thinness, measures 157.6 mm x 76 x 8.5 mm in dimension and weighs about 160g. The device wil be available in City Blue, Midnight Black, Champagne Gold.
Tecno Pouvoir 3 Camera
Pouvoir 3 features the same 13MP rear camera as it predecessor, with AI capability aided with a dual-toned LED flash for low light photos. The device is capable of shooting 1080p videos at 30fps.
The selfie camera, however, saw an upgrade, while the Pouvoir 2 uses an 8MP front cemera, Pouvoir 3 couples a 13MP front-facing camera also with AI feature and also with FaceID support. The selfie camera is also assisted with an LED flash and can also shoot 1080p videos.
Interestingly, the Tecno Pouvoir 3 provides support for AR Emoji out of the box.
Hardware and Software
Tecno Pouvoir 3 didn’t see any upgrade in the processor and processing power, it uses the same processor as the Pouvoir 2. It is powered by an octa-core MediaTek MT6739 SoC clocked at 1.5GHz alongside a PowerVR GE8100 GPU for gaming.
2GB of RAM is present to help you with multi-tasking plus 32GB of expandable storage. The device runs Android 8.1 oreo out of the box, like seriously, where did Android 9 go? however, you’ll get the latest HiOS 5.0 on top of the Oreo OS.
Battery & Network Connectivity
Inside the device rest a 5,00mAh battery, same as it predecessor but no words for fast charging supports yet. Tecno Pouvoir 3 also promise 96 hours of uninterrupted mobile performance, up to 22 hours of video playback, and up to 43 hours of instant calling.
As for the connectivity options, the device comes with dual 4G LTE connectivity, Bluetooth, GPS, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, a 3.5mm jack and micro USB port for file transfer and charging.
TECNO Pouvoir 3 Price and Availability
The Tecno Pouvoir 3 starts selling at of N42,500 and available across Nigeria via online stores.
TECNO Pouvoir 3 Full Specifications
Below is the full specification and features of the all new Tecno Pouvoir 3 device.
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WiFi direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 4G Network Bands: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 40(2300)
- 3G Network Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100
- 2G Network Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- EDGE: Yes
- GPRS: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, microUSB
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: N/A
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Dimension: 157.6 mm x 76 x 8.5 mm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 160g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.2-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 720 x 1520 pixels, 294ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo, HiOS 5.0
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6739, Quad-core 1.5GHz
- RAM: 2GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 16GB/32GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 128GB
- Primary: 13MP with f/1.8 – LED flash, Panorama
- Secondary: 13MP – Face Unlock, AI Beauty
- Camera Features: Camera Features: Autofocus, Continuous shooting, Digital zoom, Panorama, Geotagging, White balance settings, HDR, Face detection, Touch focus, ISO settings, Exposure compensation, Scene mode,
- Capacity: 5,000mAh Removable
- Type: Li-Ion
- Fast Charging: N/A
- OTG Support: Yes
- Talk Time: Up to 38 hours
- Music Play: Up to 41 hours
- Stand-by: Up to 880 hours
So, what do you think of the new Tecno Pouvoir 3 device? share your views and thoughts with us in the comment section below.