AOSP Android Pie for Infinix Hot 6 with MediaTek MT6580, Kernel 3.18.79+ running Android 8.1.0. AOSP is an Android custom ROM that primarily aims to bring useful tweaks to Google’s Android Pie AOSP. This is one of the best Android 9.0 Pie custom rom for Infinix Hot 6.
AOSP Pie custom ROM mimics Google’s stock Android Pie OS. AOSP ROM doesn’t include many customization features like RR ROM and many others, it’s basically an AOSP ROM with little theme options to make your device look cool on the interface. This ROM was not ported nor built by me, it simply a GSI ROM that can be installed on any Treble enabled Android smartphone. All credits goes to Phusson, the developer behind AOSP ROM.
AOSP Pie custom ROM comes bloatware-free, it’s fast, smooth and uses the battery well. It contains all the major features in Android 9.0 for Infinix Hot 6 at the moment.
AOSP Android Pie Features
AOSP ROM comes with all the feature you’d expect to find a Google’s stock OS, you’ll get almost the same pixel experience on your Infinix Hot 6 device.
- Mobile Data
- Fingerprint Reader
- HW Buttons
- Alert Slider and Gestures
- Sound / Vibration
- And lots more…
- Hotspot (To share hotspot connection with PC, install Pdanet app)
Device name: Infinix Hot 6 Device model: X606 Device Stock OS: 8.1.0 Oreo / Go edition Device chipset: MT6580 Device Kernel: 3.8.79+ Device architecture: 32bit Device bootloader: Unlocked
ROM name: AOSP ROM OS version: Android 9.0_r37 SDK Version: 27 Status: Stable Security patch level: May Current Stable Version: Unofficial Supported Language: Multi-Language Supported Recovery: Twrp 3.1.1-0+
Disclaimer: Before you proceed to install Android Pie for Infinix Hot 6, make sure you take a nandroid backup (nvdata and IMEI are very important). This site or its author will not be responsible if you damage your device in the process of flashing a custom ROM.
How to install AOSP Android Pie for Infinix Hot 6
You can install GSI Android ROMs with two simple methods which will be explained below. Please read the disclaimer notice before installing this Android Pie for Infinix Hot 6
Method 1 – Using TWRP
- Download AOSP GSI ROM and vendor mod from the below link
- Copy the downloaded GSI file to the root of your SD, if the ROM is in zip or rar format, simply extract it to get the img file
- Extract the Vendor Mod to a folder (we’ll be using it at the end of the installation)
- Now boot your device into TWRP recovery
- In TWRP perform a factory reset, or simply use the advanced option to wipe the cache and data partition.
- Then tap of the install button, select the install image button on the next screen
- Select the ROM img file and select the system partition in which you want to install the ROM on the next screen.
- The installation process will begin, so sit back while it installs.
- Once the installation is complete, don’t reboot just yet
- Now go to TWRP restore option and restore the Modded Vendor you extracted earlier.
- Once this is complete, now reboot.
Method 2 – Using ADB (Works for non-root users too)
- Download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie for Infinix Hot 6 and the Vendor patch.
- Copy the downloaded ROM to your adb and fastboot folder
- Now, perform a factory reset either from your device settings or using your stock recovery if not rooted.
- Boot your device into fastboot mode
- In fastboot mode, enter the following command; fastboot erase system
- Then flash the ROM using the command fastboot flash system name_of_system.img.
- Once the installation is complete, reboot.
That’s it you’ve successfully installed AOSP Android Pie Custom ROM on your Infinix Hot 6 device, reboot
Note: The first boot takes 5-10 minutes to complete, so, take a walk or do something during the boot process. Once booting is complete, you’ll get a welcome screen and then proceed with the device setup.
How to fix device not certified after installing AOSP ROM
- Find your device’s GSF Device-ID. You can find that by installing Device ID apk, download the application here.
- Once you’ve downloaded and installed the app, open the app and copy Google Service Framework (GSF) code.
- Now go to this webpage.
- Paste your GSF Device-ID in the “Android ID” box and tap “Register”.
- Your registered ID should appear on the page, reboot you device and you should now be able to sign-in to Google play store and use gapps.
If you’re finding it difficult to install AOSP Android Pie for Infinix Hot 6, simply use the comment system below and I’ll get back you asap!.
phhusson (Owner) Jackson Makinda (device maintainer) ElDainosor Raka Nurdin Letzen krule031 ezio84 Mudasiru Adewale (for sharing)