In this blog post, you’ll find the download link to Nusantara Project Android 11 ROM for Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A, how to install the ROM on your Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A device and how to root the ROM.
The Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus comes with a 6.35-inch waterdrop notch AMOLED display with 64GB/4GB memory and runs the HiOS based Android 9 OS out of the box. While the device will continue to receive security updates for a year or two, it will not be getting an OS upgrade.
Although Tecno devices are great, not having OS upgrades is why many of the Tecno and Infinix fans have moved to brands like Xiaomi, Oppo, Samsung etc. I’d say the company really care for its fans. Tecno doesn’t push its latest HiOS skin to older devices, this would have been great since the company fails to provide OS upgrade, instead, it focuses on producing new devices and add it latest HiOS skin and features to it.
Tecno users, however, are not completely left in the dust, you can still upgrade your device to the latest Android OS and add several features with the help of custom ROMs. Thanks to Google’s project treble, all Android 8 devices and newer can install new the latest Android OS version even if the manufacturer is not providing it.
The bugless Android 11 ROM we’ll be installing on the Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus device is the latest Nusantara Project GSI Android 11 ROM.
What Is Nusantara Project?
Nusantara Project is a smartphone customization project on the Android operating system or better known as AOSP. The name Nusantara is inspired by the terms owned by the Indonesian state. Nusantara ROM gives you AOSP like experience on your device, it is simple, lightweight and offers a wide variety of customization option, secure and has good battery management.
Nusantara Project Android 11 ROM comes with all the features available in stock Android, it is secure and stable, you can choose the Gapps variant you want to install (including Micro G) and lets you customize most part of if it. With Nusantara ROM you can customize your:
- Status Bar
- Quick Settings
- Lock Screen
- Recent Screen
- User Interface
Nusantara Project Android 11 Screenshots
Without further ado, lets dive into the steps in installing Nusantara Android 11 ROM on Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A.
How to install Nusantara Project Android 11 ROM on Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A
Before you can install Nusantara Android 11 ROM on your Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A device, you need to have a custom recovery like TWRP installed. If you don’t already have TWRP, install TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A using the guide here.
If you have TWRP installed on your device, you can skip that part and proceed below.
Steps to install Nusantara Android 11 ROM on Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A
- Download the latest Nusantara GSI Android 11 ROM for Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8a from the download links below
- After downloading, copy the ROM zip files to the root of your SD card where it can be easily located.
- Now, boot your LB8a device into TWRP recovery mode
- In TWRP recovery, take a full backup of your current ROM
- Once you’re done with the backup, perform a factory reset
- After resetting, return to TWRP main menu and tap install
- On the install interface, tap install image at the bottom right corner
- You will see all the files with .img extension in this section. Choose the Nusantara Android 11 GSI .img file
- You’ll be required to select the partition you want to install the GSI ROM on, choose the system partition
- After you’ve selected the partition, you’ll see an option that says swipe to install, do that
- Nusantara Android 11 ROM will begin the installation, so sit back until it completes
- Once the ROM has been installed, reboot your device
Note: first boot may take 3 – 5 minutes, so, don’t panic. If anything goes wrong, you can restore your TWRP backup.
How to root Android 11 GSI?
To root any Android 11 GSI ROM, you need to download and install SuperSu by Phh. If you’ve already tried rooting your Android 11 device with Magisk ad it failed, then use the method explained below.
- Download phh supersu zip file and supersu apk file.
- Boot your device into TWRP mode and flash the phh supersu zip file.
- Once that is done, reboot your device and install phh supersu apk fle.
- Launch phh supersu apk and grant su permission to comfirm root.
Now, you have successfully rooted your Android 11 ROM.
Possible Errors And How to Fix
When flashing Nusantara Project Android 11 on Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8a, you may encounter the following errors, below are quick fixes.
Error Code 70: Insufficient Storage While Installing Gapps
To fix insufficient storage issue when installing TWRP, follow the simple steps below;
- In TWRP, go to wipe then click on the Advanced Wipe option.
- On the next screen, tick the system partition then tap on the repair or change file system option.
- You’ll be taken to another new screen as shown in the screenshot, now, tap the resize file system option.
- You may get an error on your first try, don’t panic, just retry resizing your device file system again and everything will work fine.
- Once the file system has been resized successfully, go back to TWRP and flash gapps, it should now install without any problem.
Error Code 20: Incompatible Android ROM detected
This error occurs when the Gapps package you’re trying to install is cannot detect the ROM version installed on your device. To fix it, follow the simple steps below:
- In TWRP main menu, tap on the mount option, you’ll get a list of all the available partition on your device.
- The system partition as shown in the screenshot below will be unticked, this simply means the system partition is not mounted, the reason gapps is failing to recognize the ROM installed.
- Now, all you need to do is mount the system partition by ticking the system partition.
- Once the system partition is mounted (ticked) retry gapps installation and there should be no more issues.
So, that’s it. If you encounter any other issues installing Nusantara Project Android 11 ROM on your Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A device, kindly use the comment box below and we’ll get back to you ASAP.
That’s it, you’ve successfully upgraded your Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A to Android 11.
- Nusantara Project developers - Phusson (For su patches) - Mike (Techzbyte fan) - Mudasiru Adewale (For TWRP and guide)