Now that the tech giant Apple has announced it latest OS update, the iOS 14, it’s only a matter of time now before it start rolling out the update to all eligible iPhones. However, if you can’t wait and want to install iOS 14 right away, in this guide, you’ll learn how to download and install the latest iOS 14 update.
Apple’s iOS 14 update introduced a copy of new features and some improvements on some of its existing features in the iOS 13. The new OS also introduced a new translate app. In the new OS update, iPhone users will get a whole new experience on iOS and improved performance across all eligible devices.
Following the announcement of the iOS 14, Apple has made the OS developer preview available to all Apple developers while, non-developers will need to wait for the iOS 14 public beta release next month or the better still wait for the stable update which is scheduled for fall 2020.
How to install iOS 14 For Free Right Now?
For those with eligible devices who just can’t wait to feel the latest iOS 14 update can get new OS by enrolling in the Apple Developer Program. But there is a catch if you’re going to use this method. In order to participate in the developer program, you will have to pay a sum of $99, which is the yearly fee to become an Apple developer.
Luckily there is an unofficial method that doesn’t require that you pay $99 and get the update completely free and that is what we’ll be explaining in this article. This method involves downloading the iOS 14 developer preview beta profile. Below is the step by step guide on how to get it done.
[su_box title=”Important Notice!” style=”glass” box_color=”#f25824″ radius=”0″]Make sure you backup all your data to the cloud before installing this update. Since this is unofficial method, there are chance that you could run into some problems during installation. You’re also likely to face some bugs and maybe software issues in this early beta[/su_box]
Steps to download and install iOS 14
1. First off, you need to download the iOS 14 beta configuration profile on your iPhone.
2. Save the developer preview beta file on your iPhone.
3. Once the download is complete, tap on the beta file to open it.
4. Now, go to settings, and open the new “Profile Downloaded” or simply navigate to your profile following this path, Settings > General > Profile.
5. Now, select the iOS 14 beta profile and install. This will change your profile to a beta profile to allow you download the developer preview.
6. To install, tap on the Install button in the top right corner, you’ll be prompted to enter your passcode, fill it in and tap on Install again to complete the process.
7. Now, tap on Restart to apply the new changes.
8. Once your device is booted, go back to settings and this time head over to the Software Update section.
9. You should now see an option to “Download and Install” the iOS 14 beta update.
iOS 14 Supported Devices
- iPhone 11/ 11 Pro/ 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS/ XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8/ 8 Plus
- iPhone 7/ 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s/ 6s Plus
- iPhone SE/ SE 2020
- iPod touch (7th gen)
You can as well follow the above procedure to install iPadOS 14. Download the iPadOS 14 beta software profile here.
iPadOS 14 Supported Devices
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th Gen/ 3rd Gen/ 2nd Gen/ 1st Gen)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd Gen/ 1st Gen)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad (7th Gen/ 6th Gen/ 5th Gen)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air 2
That’s it. If you were able to install the new OS without any errors, let us know in the comments and the device you installed on. Cheers