Downloading Gapps for customs ROMS is essential to get your device running 100%, after flashing a new ROM you probably need a few Google apps to get I running if not all. But I’ve seen a case where some individuals after flashing a new ROM, they still have doubt on the particular Gapps needed to be flashed after. In this tutorial I’ll be showing you how to download Gapps suitable for your ROM.
This is the official OpenGApps.org app that enables you to quickly check for the latest Open GApps packages and download them from OpenGApps.org
- First you need to download open Gapps app from PlayStore
- After downloading, install on your device
- Now you wanna backup the app so that you don’t loose it after flashing a new ROM
- After Flasing a new ROM and fully booted
- Locate the backup folder of the app you backed up ealier
- Now install and launch the app
- It will auto detect your device architecture
- Select next button and wait for the app to detect your current device version
- now you wanna just select next and head to the package selection page
- On the package selection page, you can select from the pico (least package) to aroma(full package). But it is advisable to flash nano on newly installed ROM so as to keep the ROM lite for device performance.
- Select download and wait for download to complete.
- That’s it, now you can reboot and flash Gapps through recovery.