Are you planning to switch to a new iPhone and looking for how to migrate your WhatsApp account information, chats, media, and history from your Android device? Then this post is for you. In this comprehensive guide, I’ll show you how to transfer WhatsApp chats from your Android device to your new iPhone without losing any data.
WhatsApp is undoubtedly the most popular chat app on Android and iOS platforms. Until now, there has been no official method to transfer your WhatsApp messages from an Android device to an iPhone. We’ve had to rely on third-party tools which require that you have a computer and are mostly not free. To help users deal with this hassle, WhatsApp has introduced the official way of transferring chats from Androids to iPhone devices.
This article will guide you on transferring all your WhatsApp chats and media from your Android phone to your iPhone without using your computer or any third-party tool. Follow the step-by-step guide below to transfer your WhatsApp account information from your Android to your iPhone or iPad with no hassle.
How To Transfer WhatsApp Chats From Android To iPhone Step By Step
To move your WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone, we’ll use an app called Move to iOS for Android. But before you can move your WhatsApp chat history from Android to iPhone, there are a few things you have to keep in mind.
- Your iPhone must be brand new or reset to factory settings to pair with the Move to iOS app.
- Updated to iOS 15.5 or above.
- Your Android device must be running Android 5 (Lollipop) or above installed.
- The latest WhatsApp app should be installed on both devices (version 22.214.171.124 or above).
- Use the same phone number as your old phone on your new device.
- Both devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network, or you can connect your Android device to your iPhone’s hotspot.
- Both devices need to be connected to a power source.
Steps To Migrate Your WhatsApp Data From Android To iPhone
- Turn on your new/factory reset iPhone and go through the setup assistant.
- When you get to the Apps & Data screen, select Move Data from Android. A transfer code will be displayed on your screen.
- Now, open the Move to iOS app on your Android phone.
- Complete the setup process and enter the code displayed on your iPhone when you get to the enter code screen.
- On iPhone, you’ll be taken to the next screen automatically. Select WhatsApp on the Transfer Data screen.
- Go back to your Android phone and tap on START to start exporting your data.
Note: Once your WhatsApp data has been exported successful on your Android phone, you’ll be signed out automatically.
- Install the latest WhatsApp on your iPhone and sign in using the same number.
- During setup, you’ll get a prompt to transfer the data from your Android, select START and wait for the process to complete.
That’s it; you have successfully transferred your WhatsApp data from your Android to your iPhone. You can now open WhatsApp normally on your iPhone and continue from where you left off on your Android.
How To transfer WhatsApp From Android To iPhone 12
If you’ve just gotten yourself an iPhone 12 and looking for how to migrate WhatsApp chats from your Android device for free, then you can follow the official WhatsApp transfer from Android to iPhone guide above. The steps are straightforward, and it doesn’t require a PC or software.
How To transfer WhatsApp From Android To iPhone 13
Migrating your WhatsApp data from your Android to your new iPhone 13 can also be done using the Move to iOS app. The app is free and works on any Android device running Android 5 (lollipop) or later. Once you’ve transferred your WhatsApp message to your iPhone, you’ll no longer have access to WhatsApp on your Android.
Read also: How to extend your iPhone’s battery life.
WhatsApp Transfer From Android To iPhone FAQs
Can I Transfer WhatsApp Messages From Android To iPhone?
Yes, you can transfer you WhatsApp chats and media to an iPhone.
Can I Transfer WhatsApp Chats From Android To iPad?
Yes, you can transfer all your WhatsApp data from Android to iPads.
Is There A WhatsApp Transfer App From To Migrate To iPhone?
Yes, several transfer apps can be used to migrate your WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone. However, the official WhatsApp transfer app is Move to iOS.
Can I Transfer WhatsApp Data From Android To iPhone For Free?
Yes, you can move WhatsApp data from your Android phone to your iPhone for free using the Move to iOS app.
What Is The Best WhatsApp Migration To iPhone App For Android
Move to iOS is the best free app for migrating WhatsApp data on Android to iPhone.
Migrating WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone is simple and can be done in a few minutes. While there are several other methods to do this, as I have mentioned earlier, this is the official method to transfer your WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone for free, and you don’t even need a PC for that.