The first public beta of the iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 are now available for download on all eligible devices. Fans who can’t wait to try out all the new features of the OS announced at the Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) last month, can now try it on their iPhones and iPad before the official release.
iOS 15 comes with a lot of improvements and new features like FaceTime Share play, Offline Siri, Focus Mode, a new safari browser, redesigned Notifications, and more. The method for downloading the first public beta of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 is no different from how it’s been done in the past, you simply need to join Apple’s Beta Software program.
Download iOS 15 & iPadOS 15 Public Beta Testing
Since this the first public beta of the new OS for iPhones and iPads, it is important to know that you may not get all the new features announced at the developer conference. Some features may come in later updates or beta versions.
You may also like: 11 Best music streaming apps for Android and iOS devices
Also, it is not recommended to run the early beta access on your iPhone or iPad as there may be some performance issues, and some bugs here and there. But, if you can’t wait to see how the new iOS 15 experience feels like, we’ve compiled a detailed guide on how to install iOS 15 & iPadOS 15 beta.
Just before we dive into the steps to download and install the public beta of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15; here’s the list of eligible devices:
List of Eligible Devices for iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 Beta Test
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12
- iPhone SE (2020)
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone SE (first generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (first through the fifth generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (first through the third generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad (fifth through the eighth generation)
- iPad Mini (fourth and fifth generation)
- iPad Air (second through the fourth generation)
How to Download iOS 15 & iPadOS 15 Public Beta Testing?
- First, visit Apple’s beta Software Program page on your iPhone or iPad with Safari browser.
- Sign up for the beta program using your Apple ID.
- Tap on “Enroll your devices” and accept to terms and conditions to proceed.
- On the next page, select the software version with respect to your device. Select iOS 15 for iPhones or test iPadOS 15 for iPads.
- Now, scroll down till you get the Download Profile option
- Tap on it; a warning message will be displayed saying the website is trying to download a configuration profile. Select “Allow”.
- Once the new profile has been downloaded on to your device, a new pop-up window will appears saying, set a new profile from Settings.
- Open your Settings app, and you’ll see a new section added at the top, “Profile Downloaded.”
- Tap on it, and you’ll get a new update for the public beta version to download and install.
- Once you’ve downloaded the update, a reboot will be required to complete iOS 15 or iPadOS 15 public beta installation.
Read also: Best VPN for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS in 2021
That’s it; you’ve successfully installed the new iOS 15 beta or iPadOS 15 beta on your device. You can now enjoy all the new iOS features before the final release.