Today, Kuda rolled out version 2.0 of its mobile app for Android and iOS users. The new app update introduces a couple of new features and UI improvements. While Kuda continued to follow its original design language, it added new UI elements and made the app interface more organised. From the dashboard down to the settings page, it now feels like a whole new simplified experience which I commend the team on.
After updating my Kuda app to the latest version, however, I notice all my transaction history was cleared. I’m not sure if this was a bug or intentional but I have reached out to the team and have yet to get a response. Aside from that, everything thing else seems to be working fine at the time of writing.
Open A British Pound Sterling Account On Kuda
The biggest change in the Kuda version 2.0 app is the introduction of Kuda foreign accounts. You can now create a Kuda British Pound Sterling (GBP) account to send and receive Pounds Sterling in Nigeria or UK with ease. Kuda is also working toward adding UGX (Ugandan Shilling) and GHS (Ghana Cedis) accounts to the platform, however, those will be coming in a later update.
The new Kuda British Pound Sterling account feature will allow Nigerians to send and receive funds to friends and family. I was pretty excited about the new feature and wanted to be one of the first to try it but it turns out that it is not meant for everyone. So, who is it for?
Who Can Open A British Pound Sterling Account On Kuda?
Upon trying to create a GBP account on the new Kuda app, It displayed the minimum requirements to get the account. The requirements include a Valid UK address, a selfie and a valid means of Identification (passports, UK photocard driving license or a UK National ID card). This means only Nigerians with residence in the UK with the necessary documents are eligible to create a Kuda GBP account and enjoy its full benefits.
Read also: Google Partners With Coinbase So Cloud Customers Can Pay In Cryptocurrency
If you meet these requirements, you can go ahead and create the newly launched Kuda GBP account following the simple guide below.
Steps To Create A Kuda British Pound Sterling (GBP) Account
- Update your kuda app to the latest version from your respective app store (Android/iOS)
- Sign in to your Kuda app after updating.
- You may be asked to provide more information about yourself after signing in, fill in the necessary information and submit.
- After submitting your details, you’ll be taken to your account dashboard.
- On your dashboard, you’ll get a new option to open a GBP account.
- Tap on the open a GBP account option.
- Upon tapping on the open account option, you’ll be taken to a new currency page listing the available foreign currency you can create on the Kuda app.
- Tap on the GBP account, and the minimum requirements to open the account will be listed underneath the selected option.
- Tap next and accept the account creation confirmation notice.
- On the next page, you’ll need to agree to have a valid ID and valid UK proof of address agreement to continue.
- Provide your UK address on the next page and tap continue. You can search for your address using your UK postcode or enter your address manually.
- Once you’re done filling in the address information, you’ll be taken to a page where you’re asked to enter your monthly income.
- Verify your identity on the next screen and provide a valid ID to round up the account creation process.
- Wait for your account to be created and you’ll get your account information to start sending and receiving GBP funds.
That’s it, you have successfully created a Kuda GBP account. So, what are your thought on the new Kuda GBP account feature? Tell us in the comment section below.