If you’ve been searching TWRP for Infinix Hot 8 X650D after rooting your device with Magisk Manager, then, you’ve just landed on the right page. In a previous article, I discussed how to root Infinix Hot 8 X650C and X650B but for those who don’t just want root access and would like to modify the Hot 8 device further with TWRP custom recovery, this post is for you.
If you haven’t rooted your device and looking for TWRP recovery to root your Hot 8 device, we’ll also be explaining how to root Hot 8 with the latest TWRP recovery. This is TWRP for MT6761 on Android 9.0 Pie kernel, you can download and port this recovery for your Android 9.0 device.
What is TWRP?
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which functions is often unsupported by stock Android recovery.
This is the first custom recovery for Infinix Hot 8 X650D which also means Hot 8 users will be getting new Android 10 custom ROMs on their devices soon.
Follow the guide ahead to install TWRP For Infinix Hot 8 X650B.
TWRP 3.3.1 Features:
- Fix automatic installing of OTA zips on encrypted devices
- Remove SuperSU from TWRP
- Support both md5 and md5sum file extensions when doing MD5 checking for zip files
- Install Zip (From SD Card, Internal Storage, OTG Storage)
- Advanced Wipe Menu (Dalvik, System, Cache, Data,
- Internal Storage, SD Card, USB OTG)
- Advanced (Backup | Restore) Menu
- Advanced Mount Options
- TWRP File Manager
- Advanced Reboot Option
- Completely Material Themes
- Easy And Simple
- Proper Detail Of Task
- Showing Progress In Percentage
- Automatically Flash More Than One Zip File One By One
- File Manager
- Brightness Control
- Full Touch control
What’s New in TWRP 3.3.1
- Fix SELinux issues during formatting – dianlujitao
- Various fixes for toybox and toolbox builds – CaptainThrowback and bigbiff
- Flash both A and B partitions when installing a recovery ramdisk – Dees_Troy
- Add option to uninstall TWRP app from /system – Dees_Troy
- Create digest for subpartitions – bigbiff
Disclaimer: Make sure you have backed up every all your important files and data before proceeding with the guides ahead, all file and data stored on your internal storage will be lost in the process of flashing TWRP for Infinix Hot 8 X650D and removing force encryption. This Site or its author won’t be responsible for bricking of your device.
Why you need TWRP for Infinix Hot 8 X650D
With TWRP for Infinix Hot 8 X650D (custom recovery for Infinix Hot 8 X650D) you can perform the following operations listed below;
- Install custom ROMs (upgrade your device to a newer Android Version)
- Take Nandoid backup (full Android system backup)
- Flash performance mods, Sound mods and graphics mods.
- Root your device etc.
- Recovery Name: TWRP
- Recovery Version: v3.3.1
- Recovery Status: Stable
- Current Stable Version: Unofficial
- Supported Language: Multi-Language Support
- Device name: Infinix Hot 8 - Device model: X650D - Stock OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie - Chipset: MediaTek – MT6761 - Kernel: Stock Kernel - Bit Version: 32-bit (Arm86)
How to install TWRP for Infinix Hot 8 X650D
To install TWRP on Infinix Hot 8 with ease, follow the instructions below carefully;
Steps To Install TWRP for Infinix Hot 8 X650B
For this tutorial, you need to download TWRP for Hot 8 X650B and DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip to remove force encryption on the device to allow TWRP to make changes to the device. All files are included in the downloadable TWRP file at the bottom of the post.
Step 1. Unlocking Bootloader
1. Go to about phone on your device and enable developer option on your device by tapping the build number continuously until you see you’re now a developer.
2. Now, go back to the settings list under the system and select the developer option.
3. In developer option, enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
4. Now download and install minimal adb and fastboot tool on your PC.
5. Once, you’ve installed adb and fastboot tool on your PC, launch it and connect your device.
6. Now, enter the following commands below.
You should get a prompt on your phone’s screen to grant access permission, accept the permission.
7. Now, we’ll reboot into device bootloader by using the below command.
adb reboot bootloader
8. Once your device reboot into the bootloader, you now have to unlock your bootloader using the command below.
fastboot oem unlock
Step 9. Now, when the unlock process is done, reboot your device using the command.
Wait for your device to boot. On boot, you’ll notice a warning text that your device is now unsecure blah blah blah. You don’t have to panic, your device is ok.
Now, you’ve successfully unlocked your device bootloader
Step 2. Flashing TWRP
- Boot your device into fastboot mode again and flash the TWRP recovery using this command fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Once the recovery has been flashed successfully, wipe the device data using this command fastboot -w
- Do not reboot your device yet for any reason, doing so will require you start all over again.
- Now, press and hold power and volume up buttons to boot into TWRP recovery
- You’ll see a message like “your data partition is unencrypted”.
- Now, flash DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip to disable the forced encryption on the device and then reboot.
- If you encounter any error after flashing DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip
and after rebooting the phone you get an error “saying decryption unsuccessful” or
“the device is requesting password” factory reset is blocked at this stage, so what you simply need to do is to reflash the stock recovery image.
- At this point, the device will no longer be encrypted.
- After flashing the stock recovery image, boot the device. It will factory reset itself when its done reboot the device.
- Now, reflash TWRP recovery using this command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
After the long process is done, you’ve now successfully flashed TWRP recovery for Infinix Hot 8 and removed force encryption.
How to root Infinix Hot 8 Using TWRP
- Download the latest Magisk manager zip file
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery mode
- In recovery, flash Magisk manager and make sure you don’t wipe anything
- Just flash Magisk manager and reboot.
Download TWRP for Infinix Hot 8 X650D
[su_button url=”http://exe.io/hot8x650d” target=”blank” style=”glass” background=”#f25824″ center=”yes” radius=”round” icon=”icon: download” rel=”nofollow”]Download [/su_button]
- Unofficial TWRP - Mudsiru Adewale (for porting) - And all dev whom participated on this project.
***** TYPING ERROR NOW CORRECTED ****
Hi, thanks a lot for your restless effort of helping out with this.
So, what happened is that i got Hot 8 X650D 3gb RAM 32gb ROM, i tried the tutorial, follows the steps several times, but it seems to not able to boot into recovery.
Was this meant for my Phone variant (Hot 8 X650D 3gb RAM 32gb ROM) ???????
Yes please, sorry for the mistake earlier. Were you able to finally boot into TWRP?