The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) relaunched its mobile App a few days ago and now encouraging Nigerians to use the app to get their digital National Identification card which can be used in place of the physical ID anywhere in Nigeria.
NIMC said the App which has now been improved and is easy to navigate. It comes with some good features and Nigerians must already have a National Identification Number (NIN) to be able to use the NIMC Mobile App.
NIMC also stated that the Nigeria Communication Commission (NCC) has permitted individuals to link up to 7 devices with their Nigerian-registered SIMs to their NIN. One of the interesting new features the app bring is the ability to update your mobile number if you lost or no longer using the number you register with.
If you already have a NIN number, see our previous post on how to check your NIN number and link it to your SIMs so that your number doesn’t get blocked temporarily.
How To Get The NIMC Mobile App And Print Your National ID Card Online
- After you’ve downloaded the app and installed, launch the app from your home screen or app drawer and skip the welcome screen by tapping on the skip button at te bottom left of the device.
- On the next screen you’ll be required to provide your 11-digit NIN number. Input the number and hit next, then agree on the next page.
- On the next screen you’ll two options;
- To comfirm your number, if you’re still using it and,
- To add a new number if you no longer have the number.
- If you still use the same mobile number, tap on the number to verify your account via SMS and then press Proceed. Enter the OTP sent to your number and you’re good to go. However, if you no longer have the displayed mobile number, you’ll need to visit the closet NIMC office to update your mobile number before you can complet the process.