Tecno Pop 2 is doing pretty well in Africa already, even in the Nigerian market. That could just be a testament to the fact that a lot of guys don’t want to be caught up in heavy spending this time of the year. We would be reviewing Tecno Pop 2 Power which is an upgrade on pop 2 as well. It has a significantly larger battery.
Tecno Pop 2 I assume you already know is a budget-friendly smartphone with 5.5-inch FULLVIEW display, 8GB ROM, 1GB RAM, 8MP Front Camera, 5MP Rear Camera with Dual Flash and runs on HiOS based on Android 8.1 (Go edition). Although not with a bad design, it is pretty obvious that it is a budget smartphone just from the first glance. This is because there is hardly any premium smartphone with a 5.5-inch size.
If you want a cheap phone below 30,000 ($85), why not choose Tecno pop 2 power? Not much of an upgrade over the pop 2 though, but it offers more battery life. Tecno Pop 2 is an Android 8.1 Go edition smartphone that carries a 4000mAh battery on the inside. Both have the same storage space in an 8GB/1GB ROM/RAM respectively. Tecno Pop 2 is powered by a 1.3ghz MT6580 processor likewise the pop 2 power.
Tecno Pop 2 Power And Tecno Pop 2 Key Specs Review
Design And Display
The Chinese phone makers have made this one to easily fit in your pocket. It will easily go anywhere with you which can be really good for making/receiving calls ( hotline). Around 5.5 inches, Full view for good display experience. It accommodates a well-rounded fingerprint on the rear too.
Memory And Performance
Both Pop 2 and Pop 2 Power harbor an 8GB, 1GB ROM, RAM respectively. Although storage is expandable to 32GB, this is pretty low to carry out smartphone functions at the maximum as the device will run out of memory easily. But performance won’t be overworked since there is a limit to what the internal memory can contain, it is Android Go, and has a 1.3ghz chip this is cool enough to make tasks smooth.
Technically, one camera has more pixel than the other. But this might be inconsequential most of the time since both have equal pixels in the primary camera and only the secondary varies. Pop 2 and successor both deliver at 5MP ( primary ) but Pop 2 power does 8MP secondary, leaving pop 2 at 5MP.
Pop 2 Power (s) It Better ; Battery
This is where we have the discrepancies. Pop2 power has made good use of its name and has doubled the efforts the Tecno Pop2. The former is 4000mAh while the latter stands at a low 2400mAh. You know which is best for you.
While the Tecno pop 2 has already made it’s way to the stores, the Tecno pop 2 power is just about to be available. The gulf in price between phones wouldn’t be so wide though. Both devices lack 4G connectivity and the pop 2 is best used as a supporting cast to your main phone.
TECNO Pop 2 Full Specifications and Features
- TECHNOLOGY: GSM / HSPA
- ANNOUNCED: 2018, November
- STATUS: Available. Released 2018, November
- 2G NETWORK: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G NETWORK: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- HSDPA: 900 / 2100
- 4G NETWORK: No support for 4G LTE network
- SIM Dual: mini-SIM
- DIMENSIONS: 149.4 x 70.7 x 9.5 mm (5.84 x 2.78 x 0.31 in)
- WEIGHT: 135.6 g (4.80 oz)
- TYPE: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- SIZE: 5.5 inches, 83.4 cm (~119.9% screen-to-body ratio), 480 x 960 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~200 ppi density)
- MULTITOUCH: Yes
- ALERT TYPES: Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
- LOUDSPEAKER: Yes
3.5MM JACK Yes
- CARD SLOT: microSD, up to 32 GB (dedicated slot)
- INTERNAL: 8 GB internal storage
– 1 GB RAM
- PHONEBOOK: Practically Unlimited
- CALL RECORDS: Practically Unlimited
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- SPEED HSPA: 21.1/5.76 Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- BLUETOOTH: 4.0, A2DP
- NFC: No
- INFRARED PORT: No
- USB: microUSB 2.0 2
- PRIMARY: 5 MP (f/2.2), phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- FEATURES: LED flash
- VIDEO: Yes
- SECONDARY: 5 MP (interpolated to 8 MP),
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo (Go edition)
- CHIPSET: Mediatek MT6580 (28 nm)
- CPU: Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7
- GPU: Mali-400MP2
- SENSORS: Accelerometer
- MESSAGING: SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, IM
- BROWSER: HTML5
- RADIO: FM radio, RDS
- CLOCK: Yes, Digital Clock
- ALARM: Yes
- GAMES: Yes; Downloadable from Play store
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- JAVA: No
- COLORS: Volcano Black, White, Amber Orange, Tango Red, Neon Pink, Laser Yellow, Vivid Green, Sharp Blue, Metallic Silver
- MP3/AAC+/WAV player
- MP4/H.264 player
- Document viewer
- Photo/video editor
- Non-removable Li-Ion 2400 mAh battery
It is now clear that where the difference lie between these phones is the battery. Every other thing is similar.
Tecno Pop 2 Power
- Display: 5.5-inch Full view with 960 x 480 Touchscreen
- Colors: Champagne Gold, Midnight Black , City Blue
- Fingerprint sensor: YES
- Storage: 8GB internal storage, expandable up to 32GB via micro SD card
- RAM: 1GB
- Processor: Quad-core MediaTek MT6580A CPU clocked at 1.3Ghz processor
- GPU: Mali-400MP2
- OS: HiOS 3.3 based on Android 8.1 (Go edition)
- Cameras: Front camera: 8-megapixels Front Camera with Flash and Back camera: 5MP Rear Camera with Dual Flash
- Dimension: 151.3 x 72.7 x 9.7 mm
- Battery: 4000mAh capacity
So, what do you think about both device? share your views with us in the comment box below.
how do I upgrate techno pop2 power go a 4g phone?
Please what are your device chipset and kernel version