If you’ve landed on this page, that means you’ve been searching for TWRP for Infinix Hot 10 model X682C running Android 10. You probably need the Infinix Hot 10 TWRP file to root the device or flash GSI ROM (Custom ROMS) on your device. Whichever the case may be, in this article, we’ll share a working TWRP 3.4 recovery that you can install on your Infinix Hot 10 X682C device.
All Infinix Hot 10 users with the X682 model running Android 10 can install this TWRP on their device regardless of their current build. You’ll not only find the TWRP download link for Infinix Hot 10 X682C device on this page but also a simple step by step guide to install the recovery on your device.
Infinix Hot 10 is built around a 6.82 IPS LCD waterdrop notch display with a 1640 X 720 resolution. The device runs the Helio G70 Soc with up to 6GB of RAM and 128GB onboard storage. It runs Android 10 out of the box and fueled by a 5200mAh battery capacity with support for 10W fast charging via a USB 2.0 port for charging.
What is TWRP?
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It offers a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware, back up and restore system, flash performance and sound mods etc. These features are limited to stock recovery images.
This TWRP 3.4 for MT6768 can be ported to other devices with the same kernel version. See how to port recovery for the same chipsets and others in the video below.
With TWRP for Infinix Hot 10, users can:
- Easily take full backup of their current ROM (stock ROM, IMEI etc)
- Install custom ROMs (upgrade your device to a newer Android Version)
- Flash performance mods, Sound mods and graphics mods.
- Root your device etc.
- Fix automatic installing of OTA zips on encrypted devices
- Remove SuperSU from TWRP
- Support both md5 and md5sum file extensions when doing MD5 checking for zip files
- Install Zip (From SD Card, Internal Storage, OTG Storage)
- Advanced Wipe Menu (Dalvik, System, Cache, Data,
- Internal Storage, SD Card, USB Otg)
- Advanced (Backup | Restore) Menu
- Advanced Mount Options
- TWRP File Manager
- Advanced Reboot Option
- Completely Material Themes
- Easy And Simple
- Proper Detail Of Task
- Showing Progress In Percentage
- Automatically Flash More Than One Zip File One By One
- File Manager
- Brightness Control
- Full Touch control
What’s New in TWRP 3.4
- General bug fixes
- System As Root (SAR)
- TWRP App
- Prebuilt updates
- Compilation Fixes
- Language Updates
- Bootloader Message
- Error Cleanup
- Zip Installs
- Magisk updates
- A/B Updater Zip Template
- OZIP Encryption Support
- File Selector
For the complete details on the features, read here.
Disclaimer: Make sure you take a full backup of your device (including all your important files and data) before proceeding with the guides ahead, all files and data stored on your internal storage will be lost in the process of flashing Infinix Hot 10 X682C TWRP. This site or its author won’t be responsible if you bricking your device.
How to install TWRP And Root Infinix Hot 10 X682C
There are three steps in installing TWRP on your Infinix Hot 10 X682C device. This includes unlocking the device bootloader, flashing TWRP using ADB or smartphone flash tool and disabling force encryption on your Hot 10 device.
If you’re installing TWRP for the first time, read the instructions carefully Flashing Infinix Hot 10 TWRP on your device. If the steps are not clear, simply drop a comment before flashing so you don’t brick your device.
Step 1. Unlocking Infinix Hot 10 X682C Bootloader
1. Go to about phone on your device and enable developer options on your device by tapping the build number continuously until you see you’re now a developer.
2. Now, go back to the settings list under the system and select the developer option.
3. In the developer option, enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
4. Now download and install minimal ADB and fastboot tools on your PC.
5. Once, you’ve installed ADB and fastboot tool on your PC, launch it and connect your device.
6. Now, enter the following commands below.
You should get a prompt on your phone’s screen to grant access permission, accept the permission.
7. Now, we’ll reboot into the device bootloader by using the below command.
adb reboot bootloader
8. Once your device reboots into the bootloader, you now have to unlock your bootloader using the command below.
fastboot oem unlock
If that didn’t work, then try the second command.
fastboot flashing unlock
Step 9. You’ll get a prompt on your device screen to accept the unlock procedure using either the volume up or down key. Choose as displayed.
Step 10. Now, when the unlock process is done, reboot your device using the command.
Wait for your device to boot. On boot, you’ll notice a warning message (orange state warning) on your device screen each time your reboot saying your device is now insecure blah blah blah. You don’t have to panic, your device is ok. However, if you want to get rid of the message, read our detailed guide on how to disable the orange state warning after unlocking the bootloader.
Now, you’ve successfully unlocked your device bootloader
Step 2. Flashing Infinix Hot 10 X682C TWRP
You can flash TWRP recovery on your Infinix Hot 10 X682C device via ADB or using a smartphone flash tool. But first, you need to first disable DM_verity on your device:
- First off, download TWRP for Infinix Hot 10 X682C and its vbmeta.img file from the link below
- If you’re using adb, boot your device into fastboot mode.
- Now, copy the TWRP file and vbmeta file to adb and fastboot installation folder (see video guide below).
- In fastboot mode, flash the vbmeta.img first using fastboot – disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img to disable Dm_verity.
- Once the vbmeta.img has been flashed successfully, flash TWRP.
- To flash TWRP, type in the command fastboot flash recovery “recovery_name.img” without quotes and hit enter. E.g fastboot flasht recovery twrp.img.
- For users who wants to use the smartphone flash tool, get the devices scatter file to load each file and flash (find the scatter file link in the download page). Read how to flash with sp flash tool here.
- Now, after succesfully flashing TWRP, disconnect your device from PC.
- Boot into TWRP recovery mode using the key combination power key + volume up key.
Important Note: Make sure you boot into TWRP first before booting into your OS. Your device will most likely rewrite the stock recovery back on your device if you boot into the OS before booting TWRP and you’ll have to go over the flashing process all over.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed TWRP recovery on your Infinix Hot 10 X682C device.
Download TWRP for Infinix Hot 10 x682C
How to root Infinix Hot 10 X682C Using TWRP
- Download the latest Phh Magisk manager zip file
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery mode
- In recovery, flash Magisk manager and make sure you don’t wipe anything
- Just flash Magisk manager and reboot.
How to fix 0MB (internal storage) after flashing TWRP
If you have download TWRP for Infinix Hot 10 X682C and flashed it and face storage issues like internal storage showing 0MB. you first need to root your device by patching the boot.img with Magisk (use canary version) and then follow the guide in the video below.
- TWRP Developers - Mahin Ahmed (for porting) - Mudsiru Adewale (for sharing)