Download the latest PitchBack Twrp 3.1.0 Recovery For Tecno Camon iSky2 IN1 Pro With MediaTek MT6739, Android 8.1.0 Oreo, Kernel version 4.4.94+. PitchBlack TWRP 3.1.0 is based on the most recent TWRP 3.5.1 that comes with many fixes and new features to help you apply several modifications to your device.
So, if you’ve been searching for how to root your Tecno Camon iSky2 IN1 Pro device, with the updated TWRP recovery, you can easily root your device, flash custom roms, mods etc.
What is TWRP?
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which functions often unsupported by stock recovery images.
- Wiping partition
- Backup Partition
- Restore partition
- Mounting partitions, such as the system, boot, userdata, cache, and internal storage
- Install Zip (From SD Card, Internal Storage, OTG Storage)
- Advanced Wipe Menu (Dalvik, System, Cache, Data,
- Internal Storage, SD Card, USB OTG)
- Advanced (Backup | Restore) Menu
- Advanced Mount Options
- TWRP File Manager
- Advanced Reboot Option
- Completely Material Themes
- Easy And Simple
- Proper Detail Of Task
- Showing Progress In Percentage
- Automatically Flash More Than One Zip File One By One
- File Manager
- Brightness Control
- Full Touch control
TWRP version 3.5.1 is the most recent version of the TWRP custom recovery. It brings much support for Android 9 and 10 devices as well as fixes for issues from previous versions. You can download the TWRP 3.5.1 for Tecno Camon 12 CC7 from the download link below.
What’s New in TWRP 3.5.1?
Android 9 Branch:
- Build compilation in 7.1 tree – CaptainThrowback
- SAR: Don’t follow symbolic links for block devices – bigbiff
- SAR Update script name for clarity – CaptainThrowback
Android 9 and Android 10 Branches:
- Wrappedkey support running only on FBE devices – CaptainThrowback
- TWRP App log information reduced – epicX67
- Refresh details after system wipe and adb sideload – AdrianDC
- Chinese translation updates – betaxb
- Support keymaster 2 – PeterCxy
- add tzdata to TWRP for timezones – CaptainThrowback
- ParitionManager: support delayed adopted storage mount – PeterCxy
- Support to start terminal from file manager directory – AndroiableDroid
- Nano support – nebrassy
- Add nano support to open files from file manager – CaptainThrowback
- Include new magisk apk support to be installed by TWRP – ianmacd
- Add support to change directory name where TWRP stores backups – epicX67
- Add bash support – not the default shell – DarthJabba9
- ORS support to format data – AdrianDC
- Add support to flash both slots when flashing an image – epicX67
- NL translation updates – ianmacd
- Installation cleanup – remove dupe PackageExtractFn – klabit87
- Remove logd-reinit service – CaptainThrowback
- Restore system root context – bigbiff
- Only include keymaster 2 if tree supports it – CaptainThrowback
- Strip lines containing ‘–‘ in language_helper.py – ianmacd
- Unlocalized string fix – ianmacd
PitchBlack TWRP is a customized TWRP based on the latest TWRP 3.5.1 recovery. The recovery comes with some improvements, fixes and integrated themes. This means you can change your TWRP UI. TWRP 3.5.1 Follow the guide ahead to install TWRP For Tecno Camon iSky2.
Disclaimer: Make sure you have backed up all your important files and data before proceeding with the flashing guides ahead. All files and data stored on your internal storage will be lost in the process of unlocking your bootloader and flashing TWRP for Tecno Camon iSky2 IN1 Pro.
How to install PitchBlack TWRP 3.1.0 recovery On Tecno Camon iSky2 IN1 Pro
To flash TWRP on Tecno Camon iSky2 / Tecno IN1 Pro, you need to unlock your device bootloader. Unlocking your bootloader will simply wipe every data on your device, so, make sure you take a backup of all your important files before going on with the process.
- Go to your device settings and scroll down to find about phone
- In the about phone list, scroll down to locate your device build number
- Continue tapping on the buid number until you see you’re now a developer
- Now go back to the settings menu, you should now see developer options
- Open developer option and enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging
- Once done, open up your fastboot and adb tool
- Type adb devices to verify that your device is properly connected, you’ll get a prompt on screen, grant access.
- Now reboot to bootloader using adb reboot bootloader
- Once your device boot to fastboot mode
- Enter the command fastboot oem unlock
- You’ll get a prompt on your device screen to allow bootloader unlock, using the volume keys, choose yes.
- A process will begin on your device screen and once unlocking bootloader is complete you’ll see an ok
- Reboot your device with fastboot reboot and wait for it to boot up
- That’s is you’ve successfully unlocked your device bootloader
Flashing the recovery
- Download the latest TWRP recovery for Tecno Camon iSky2 from the link below.
- Copy the downloaded file to your PC and extract to a folder.
- Make sure you have ADB and Fastboot tool installed on your PC
- Copy the recovery file to the ADB and fastboot folder
- Now, launch adb and fastboot tool from your desktop
- Check if your device is properly connected using the command “adb devices” without quotes
- If the device is connected properly, then reboot to bootloader using “adb reboot bootloader”
- Once your device boots into bootloader, flash the recoery using the command “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img“
- The recovery will then be flashed to your device within a second or two, then reboot using “fastboot reboot“
- Hold down the volume up key before your device boots up, this will let it boot into TWRP recovery first, then you can finally reboot into your stock OS.
Need a video guide? see the video below.
TWRP For Tecno IN1 Pro Download
That’s it, now you’ve successfully installed the latest PitchBlack TWRP 3.1.0 recovery for Tecno Camon iSky2. If the guide is not clear enough, see the video below.
How to fix 0Mb on internal storage and remove the force encryption
- Download latest Magisk flashable zip and force encryption disabler from the link below.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery, after the splash screen, you’ll see another screen requesting a password to decrypt your data, just hit back to continue to TWRP main screen
- Now, when you tap on the install/backup button, you’ll see internal storage showing as 0MB. No problem
- Return to TWRP main menu, navigate to the wipe section and tap on format data. They yes in the next screen to proceed with this.
- Once data has been formatted, reboot your device back into TWRP recovery. Don’t make the mistake of letting it boot into the system.
- Now, once your device is booted back into TWRP recovery, check your internal storage now, it should display the amount of storage
- Tap on the install button and flash Magisk, then disable force encryption file you downloaded.
- Once flashing is complete, now reboot your device back into the system.
Magisk Flashable Zip
Force encryption Disabler
Viola!, you’ve successfully removed force encryption on your Tecno Camon iSky2. Now, you can take backups and flash custom roms and tweaks via TWRP recovery.
Mudasiru Adewale (for porting) Kahli Brown (for his support) 6ixGuns (for PB TWRP and encryption fix) Imtiaz (for the updated recovery)