If you’ve been searching TWRP for Tecno Phantom 9 AB7 to root your device, take nandroid backup and flash custom roms and mods, then you’re at the right place.
On this page, you’ll find TWRP recovery for Tecno Phantom 9 AB7 and step to root your Camon 12 device. This is TWRP for MT6765 on Android 9.0 Pie kernel, you can download and port this recovery for your Android 9.0 device.
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which functions often unsupported by stock recovery images.
This is the first custom recovery for Tecno Phantom 9 AB7 which also means users will be getting new Android 10 custom roms on their devices soon.
Follow the guide ahead to install TWRP For Tecno Phantom 9 AB7.
TWRP 3.3.1 Features:
- Fix automatic installing of OTA zips on encrypted devices
- Remove SuperSU from TWRP
- Support both md5 and md5sum file extensions when doing MD5 checking for zip files
- Install Zip (From SD Card, Internal Storage, OTG Storage)
- Advanced Wipe Menu (Dalvik, System, Cache, Data,
- Internal Storage, SD Card, USB OTG)
- Advanced (Backup | Restore) Menu
- Advanced Mount Options
- TWRP File Manager
- Advanced Reboot Option
- Completely Material Themes
- Easy And Simple
- Proper Detail Of Task
- Showing Progress In Percentage
- Automatically Flash More Than One Zip File One By One
- File Manager
- Brightness Control
- Full Touch control
What’s New in TWRP 3.3.1
- Fix selinux issues during formatting - dianlujitao
- Various fixes for toybox and toolbox builds - CaptainThrowback and bigbiff
- Flash both A and B partitions when installing a recovery ramdisk - Dees_Troy
- Add option to uninstall TWRP app from /system - Dees_Troy
- Create digest for subpartitions - bigbiff
Disclaimer: Make sure you have backed up every all your important files and data before proceeding with the guides ahead, all file and data stored on your internal storage will be lost in the process of flashing TWRP for Tecno Phantom 9 AB7 and removing force encryption. This Site or its author won’t be responsible for bricking of your device.
Why you need TWRP for Tecno Phantom 9 AB7
With TWRP for Tecno Phantom 9 AB7 (custom recovery for Tecno Phantom 9 AB7) you can perform the following operations listed below;
- Install custom ROMs (upgrade your device to a newer Android Version)
- Take Nandoid backup (full Android system backup)
- Flash performance mods, Sound mods and graphics mods.
- Root your device etc.
- Recovery Name: TWRP
- Recovery Version: v3.3.1
- Recovery Status: Stable
- Current Stable Version: Unofficial
- Supported Language: Multi-Language Support
- Device name: Tecno Phantom 9
- Device model: AB7
- Stock OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Chipset: MediaTek – MT6765
- Kernel: Stock Kernel
- Bit Version: 64-bit (Arm)
How to install TWRP for Tecno Phantom 9 AB7
Installing TWRP on Tecno Phantom 9 AB7 is very simple but you should read the instructions carefully before proceeding.
Steps To Install TWRP for Tecno Phantom 9 AB7
For this tutorial, you need to first download TWRP for Tecno Phantom 9 AB7 from the link below
Step 1. Unlocking Bootloader
1. First off, go to settings on your device and enable developer option. You’ll find this under the about phone section in settings.
2. Now in your about phone section, scroll to find build number and continue tapping on the build number until you see you’re now a developer.
3. Go back to the settings list under the system and select the developer option.
4. In developer option, enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
5. Now download and install minimal adb and fastboot tool on your PC.
6. Once, you’ve installed adb and fastboot tool on your PC, launch it and connect your device.
7. Now, enter the following commands below.
You should get a prompt on your phone’s screen to grant access permission, accept the permission.
8. Now, reboot into device bootloader by using the below command.
adb reboot bootloader
9. Once your device reboot into the bootloader, you now have to unlock your bootloader using the command below.
fastboot oem unlock
If that doesn’t work then try
fastboot flashing unlock
10. Now, when the unlock process is done, reboot your device using the command.
Wait for your device to boot. On boot, you’ll notice a warning text that your device is now unsecure blah blah blah. You don’t have to panic, your device is ok.
Now, you’ve successfully unlocked your device bootloader
Step 2. Flashing TWRP
Before proceeding to flashing TWRP on Tecno Phantom 9, download and flash Phantom 9’s vbmeta.img with spflashtool.
Once you’ve flashed vbmeta.img successfully, flash TWRP for Tecno Phantom 9 via adb or flash tool.
For adb, follow the guide below;
- Boot your device into fastboot mode again and flash the TWRP recovery using this command fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Once that is done, boot into recovery (Power + Volume Up) to confirm that you have successfully flashed TWRP on your Phantom 9
- While TWRP is trying to load to the main menu, if you’re asked for a password to decrypt your device, just ignore that step, then, go to the Wipe Menu and Format Data.
- Wiping data will wipe all your data so make a point of backing up your important data.
- Now reboot
After the long process is done, you’ve now successfully flashed TWRP recovery for Tecno Phantom 9 AB7.
How to root Tecno Phantom 9 AB7
- Download the latest Magisk manager zip file
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery mode
- In recovery, flash Magisk manager and make sure you don’t wipe anything
- Just flash Magisk manager and reboot.
Download TWRP for Tecno Phantom 9 AB7
- Unofficial TWRP
- Mudsiru Adewale (for porting).