If you’ve been searching for how to root Tecno Spark 2 KA7 and install TWRP custom recovery, then, you’ve just landed on the right page. In this article. we’ll be sharing TWRP for Tecno Spark 2 KA7 (custom recovery for Tecno Spark 2 KA7) and and to root Tecno KA7 easily. For those looking for TWRP for MT6580, you can download and port this recovery for your device.
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which are functions often unsupported by stock recovery images.
Rooting Tecno Spark 2 KA7 involves 3 steps, the first step is unlocking your device bootloader, the second is installing TWRP Custom Recovery for Tecno Spark 2 KA7 and the third is installing magisk to gain root access.
This custom recovery for Tecno Spark 2 can be flashed on both 1GB version and 2GB version running Android 8.1.0 Oreo with Kernel version 3.18.79+.
Follow the guide ahead to install TWRP For Tecno Spark 2 KA7.
TWRP 3.3.1 Features:
- Fix automatic installing of OTA zips on encrypted devices
- Remove SuperSU from TWRP
- Support both md5 and md5sum file extensions when doing MD5 checking for zip files
- Install Zip (From SD Card, Internal Storage, OTG Storage)
- Advanced Wipe Menu (Dalvik, System, Cache, Data,
- Internal Storage, SD Card, USB Otg)
- Advanced (Backup | Restore) Menu
- Advanced Mount Options
- TWRP File Manager
- Advanced Reboot Option
- Completely Material Themes
- Easy And Simple
- Proper Detail Of Task
- Showing Progress In Percentage
- Automatically Flash More Than One Zip File One By One
- File Manager
- Brightness Control
- Full Touch control
What’s New in TWRP 3.3.1-0
* Fix selinux issues during formatting - dianlujitao * Various fixes for toybox and toolbox builds - CaptainThrowback and bigbiff * Flash both A and B partitions when installing a recovery ramdisk - Dees_Troy * Add option to uninstall TWRP app from /system - Dees_Troy * Create digest for subpartitions - bigbiff
Disclaimer: Make sure you have backed up every all your important files and data before proceeding with the guides ahead, all file and data stored on your internal storage will be lost in the process of flashing TWRP for Tecno Spark 2 KA7.
Why you need TWRP for Tecno Spark 2 KA7
With TWRP recovery for Tecno KA7 (custom recovery for Tecno Spark 2 KA7) you can perform the following operations listed below;
- Install custom ROMs (upgrade your device to a newer Android Version)
- Take Nandoid backup (full Android system backup)
- Flash performance mods, Sound mods and graphics mods.
- Root your device etc.
- Recovery Name: TWRP - Recovery Version: v3.3.1 - Recovery Status: Stable - Current Stable Version: Unofficial - Supported Language: Multi-Language Support
- Device name: Tecno Spark 2 - Device model: KA7 - Stock OS Version: Android Oreo 8.1.0/Go edition - Chipset: MediaTek – MT6580 - Kernel: Linux 3.18.79+ (Stock Kernel) - Bit Version: 32-bit (Arm86)
How to install TWRP for Tecno Spark 2 KA7
- Unlock Bootloader. For how to unlock bootloader see the guide in my previous article here.
- Download the latest TWRP custom recovery for Tecno Spark 2 KA7 from the link below.
- Copy the downloaded file to your PC and extract to a folder.
- Make sure you have ADB and Fastboot tool installed on your PC
- Copy the recovery file to the adb and fastboot folder, rename the img file to recovery.img
- Now, launch adb and fastboot tool from your desktop
- Check if your device is properly connected using the command “adb device” without quotes
- If device is connected properly, then reboot to bootloader using “adb reboot bootloaer”
- Once your device boots into bootloader, flash the recoery using the command “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img“
- The recovery will then be flashed to your device within a second or two, then reboot using “fastboot reboot“
- Your device will boot back into the system, you can then use adb command to boot into recovery “adb reboot recovery” or using the power and volume up button as usual.
TWRP Recovery For Tecno KA7 Download
That’s it, now you’ve successfully installed TWRP for Tecno Spark 2 KA7. If the guide is not clear enough, see the video below.
How to root Tecno Spark 2 KA7 with Magisk manager
- Download latest Magisk flashable zip from the link below and place at the root your SD card.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery
- Tap on install and select magisk zip file you downloaded earlier
- Follow the on screen prompt to flash
- Reboot. That’s it
Magisk Flashable Zip
[su_button url=”https://magiskmanager.com/” target=”blank” style=”glass” background=”#f25824″ center=”yes” radius=”round” icon=”icon: cloud-download” rel=”nofollow”]Magisk Zip[/su_button]
If you face any difficulties installing TWRP for Tecno Spark 2 KA7 (custom recovery for Tecno Spark 2 KA7) or rooting Tecno Spark 2, use the comment box below and I’ll get back to you Asap!.
- Unofficialtwrp (TWRP for MT6580) - Mudasiru Adewale (for testing and sharing)
I followed on Twitter and the is still locked
Please reload the page. It should work fine
stuck on boot and didnt take a nandroid backup kindly help
After flashing recovery? If yes flash stock Recovery and it should be fine… If something else kindly specify
Am stuck on flashing the magisk zip file since my phone doesnot show twrp recovery mode
This is a scam! It doesnt work at all…even after liking you on facebook i still cant access the revovery file
I apologise for claiming this is a scam coz it totally worked !!!!! Thanks a lot bruv
Av been humbled
No problem bro. Glad you figured it out
didn’t work affter flash, still on stock
After flashing, boot into twrp first before booting into system, this way the stock recovery would not override the twrp custom recovery.
brother, in video tutuorial i have followed your steps and finshed all . but, when i try to get into recovery mode it says no command with blue android pls pls help me clearly i followed your steps all in the video my phone tecno spark 2 go edition ram 1
please brother,respond me asap am in i’m stucked i dont know what to do
After successfully flashing TWRP, make sure you boot into TWRP before booting into the system, that way your system recovery won’t override TWRP recovery.
how i pressed volume up key and power button it displays the green android and it says no command so how can i boot for twrp
Flash the recovery again and this time don’t let your device boot up before booting into twrp. If you still can’t get it to boot after, send me an email [email protected]
how to remove the warning message that says booloader and untrusted device
I’m preparing a guide on that. Will publish in few dasy…
hello, I looked you on twitter but the link is still locked Y?
Kindly reload the page after liking or following our social media handle. Make sure you’re signed in to the social media you’re following on your browser.
hey, my phone stuck in an infinite loop of booting.
it keeps booting over and over again. and nothing more
video is not working.
I don’t understand the rule??????
I have updated the video link, you can now watch the video guide.
Can’t find the download link
Link has been updated. You can now download.