If you’ve been searching for how to root Tecno Spark 2 KA7 and install TWRP custom recovery, then, you’ve just landed on the right page. In this article. we’ll be sharing TWRP for Tecno Spark 2 KA7 (custom recovery for Tecno Spark 2 KA7) and and to root Tecno KA7 easily. For those looking for TWRP for MT6580, you can download and port this recovery for your device.
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which are functions often unsupported by stock recovery images.
Rooting Tecno Spark 2 KA7 involves 3 steps, the first step is unlocking your device bootloader, the second is installing TWRP Custom Recovery for Tecno Spark 2 KA7 and the third is installing magisk to gain root access.
This custom recovery for Tecno Spark 2 can be flashed on both 1GB version and 2GB version running Android 8.1.0 Oreo with Kernel version 3.18.79+.
Follow the guide ahead to install TWRP For Tecno Spark 2 KA7.
TWRP 3.3.1 Features:
- Fix automatic installing of OTA zips on encrypted devices
- Remove SuperSU from TWRP
- Support both md5 and md5sum file extensions when doing MD5 checking for zip files
- Install Zip (From SD Card, Internal Storage, OTG Storage)
- Advanced Wipe Menu (Dalvik, System, Cache, Data,
- Internal Storage, SD Card, USB Otg)
- Advanced (Backup | Restore) Menu
- Advanced Mount Options
- TWRP File Manager
- Advanced Reboot Option
- Completely Material Themes
- Easy And Simple
- Proper Detail Of Task
- Showing Progress In Percentage
- Automatically Flash More Than One Zip File One By One
- File Manager
- Brightness Control
- Full Touch control
What’s New in TWRP 3.3.1-0
* Fix selinux issues during formatting - dianlujitao * Various fixes for toybox and toolbox builds - CaptainThrowback and bigbiff * Flash both A and B partitions when installing a recovery ramdisk - Dees_Troy * Add option to uninstall TWRP app from /system - Dees_Troy * Create digest for subpartitions - bigbiff
Disclaimer: Make sure you have backed up every all your important files and data before proceeding with the guides ahead, all file and data stored on your internal storage will be lost in the process of flashing TWRP for Tecno Spark 2 KA7.
Why you need TWRP for Tecno Spark 2 KA7
With TWRP recovery for Tecno KA7 (custom recovery for Tecno Spark 2 KA7) you can perform the following operations listed below;
- Install custom ROMs (upgrade your device to a newer Android Version)
- Take Nandoid backup (full Android system backup)
- Flash performance mods, Sound mods and graphics mods.
- Root your device etc.
- Recovery Name: TWRP - Recovery Version: v3.3.1 - Recovery Status: Stable - Current Stable Version: Unofficial - Supported Language: Multi-Language Support
- Device name: Tecno Spark 2 - Device model: KA7 - Stock OS Version: Android Oreo 8.1.0/Go edition - Chipset: MediaTek – MT6580 - Kernel: Linux 3.18.79+ (Stock Kernel) - Bit Version: 32-bit (Arm86)
How to install TWRP for Tecno Spark 2 KA7
- Unlock Bootloader. For how to unlock bootloader see the guide in my previous article here.
- Download the latest TWRP custom recovery for Tecno Spark 2 KA7 from the link below.
- Copy the downloaded file to your PC and extract to a folder.
- Make sure you have ADB and Fastboot tool installed on your PC
- Copy the recovery file to the adb and fastboot folder, rename the img file to recovery.img
- Now, launch adb and fastboot tool from your desktop
- Check if your device is properly connected using the command “adb device” without quotes
- If device is connected properly, then reboot to bootloader using “adb reboot bootloaer”
- Once your device boots into bootloader, flash the recoery using the command “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img“
- The recovery will then be flashed to your device within a second or two, then reboot using “fastboot reboot“
- Your device will boot back into the system, you can then use adb command to boot into recovery “adb reboot recovery” or using the power and volume up button as usual.
TWRP Recovery For Tecno KA7 Download
That’s it, now you’ve successfully installed TWRP for Tecno Spark 2 KA7. If the guide is not clear enough, see the video below.
How to root Tecno Spark 2 KA7 with Magisk manager
- Download latest Magisk flashable zip from the link below and place at the root your SD card.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery
- Tap on install and select magisk zip file you downloaded earlier
- Follow the on screen prompt to flash
- Reboot. That’s it
Magisk Flashable Zip
If you face any difficulties installing TWRP for Tecno Spark 2 KA7 (custom recovery for Tecno Spark 2 KA7) or rooting Tecno Spark 2, use the comment box below and I’ll get back to you Asap!.
- Unofficialtwrp (TWRP for MT6580) - Mudasiru Adewale (for testing and sharing)